The company manufactures business and industrial imaging products, including copiers, laser printers, multi-functional peripherals (MFPs) and digital print systems for the production printing market. Konica Minolta's Managed Print Service (MPS) is called Optimised Print Services.
The company also makes optical devices, including lenses and LCD film; medical and graphic imaging products, such as X-ray image processing systems, colour proofing systems, and X-ray film; photometers, 3-D digitizers, and other sensing products; and textile printers.
(Wowtimes)Konica Minolta’sHistory andAchievements
- 1873: Rokusaburo Sugiura begins selling photographic and lithographic materials at Konishiya Rokubeiten in Kojimachi, Tokyo (the beginnings of Konica Corporation).
- 1903: The Cherry Hand Camera — the first Japanese branded camera is marketed by Konica
- 1928: Kazuo Tashima establishes Nichi-Doku Shashinki Shoten (Japan-Germany Camera Company, later known as Minolta Co., Ltd.) to produce cameras in Japan.
- 1933: Konica released Sakura X-ray Film — the internally developed and produced X-ray film
- 1940: Sakura Natural Color Film — the first Japanese-made color film was announced
- 1958: The Minolta's first planetarium unit is completed and opened to the public at a science exposition in Hanshin Park
- 1960: Minolta Copymaster (a wet-process diazo copier) — the company's first wet-process diazo copier was completed
- 1962: Minolta Hi-Matic camera was used on Friendship 7, the first US manned spacecraft to orbit the Earth. Later, Minolta's exposure meter, Space Meter, was used during Apollo 8, 10, and 11 missions.
- 1971: U-Bix 480 — the first Japanese-made indirect dry-type electrophotographic copying machine was launched
- 1975: Konica C35EF — the world's first 35mm camera with built-in flash was launched
- 1984: Ultra-high-precision aspheric plastic lens for CD players was developed
- 1990: CF70 — a digital full-color copier was launched
- 2003: Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc. was established by integrating the management of Konica Corporation and Minolta Co., Ltd.
- 2010: Konica Minolta launched bizhub PRESS C8000 — a digital printing system
- 2013: The group management system was reorganized and the company name changed to Konica Minolta, Inc.
- 2018: Konica Minolta Precision Medicine, Inc. was established
- 2020: FORXAI, an imaging IoT platform integrating proprietary imaging technology and cutting-edge IoT/AI technology, launched
- 2022: AeroDR TX m01, a mobile X-ray system that enables X-ray dynamic radiography at the bedside, marketed
According to Wikipedia