Bakers Delight is an Australian-owned multinational bakery franchise chain, with franchisors in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the United States.
Bakers Delight is known for its fresh, baked-on-premises bread, pastries and other baked goods. The company uses traditional baking methods and high-quality ingredients, and all of its products are free from artificial preservatives and additives. Bakers Delight also offers a range of breakfast and lunch options, such as sandwiches, wraps and salads. It also has a catering menu for special occasions.
Bakers Delight operates over 700 bakeries globally. There are 20 stores in New Zealand, including 13 in Auckland alone.
(Wowtimes)Bakers Delight’sHistory andAchievements
- 1980: Roger and Lesley Gillespie opened the first Bakers Delight bakery in Hawthorn, Victoria, Australia.
- 1988: Bakers Delight launched its franchising concept.
- 1990: There were 20 Bakers Delight bakeries operating in Australia.
- 1991: Bakers Delight opened its first store in Adelaide, South Australia.
- 1992: The first Bakers Delight TV commercial aired.
- 1993: Bakers Delight expanded across Australia, opening stores in New South Wales, Queensland, and Western Australia.
- 1994: Bakers Delight launched its iconic Cheesymite Scroll.
- 1995: Bakers Delight opened its first store in New Zealand.
- 1997: Bakers Delight launched its own range of branded products, including bread mixes, flour, and baking accessories.
- 2000: Bakers Delight opened its 400th store.
- 2003: Bakers Delight opened its first store in Canada.
- 2005: Bakers Delight opened its first store in the US.
- 2013: Bakers Delight won the Most Trusted Brand Award in Reader’s Digest.
- 2017: Bakers Delight launched its LowFOD™ loaf, which is made with the world's first flour to lower the amount of FODMAP carbohydrates.
- 2019: Bakers Delight won Best Franchise Business by the Australian Retailers Association.
- 2023: Bakers Delight had over 700 stores worldwide, including over 600 stores in Australia.
According to Wikipedia