The company is dual listed with the Thomson Reuters Corporation in Canada and Thomson Reuters PLC in the UK. Publishing is organized into three divisions: Financial & Risk (not included in this ranking), Legal, and Tax & Accounting.
Financial & Risk provides news, information and analytics, and regulatory and operational risk management solutions.
Legal produces online and print information, decision tools, software and services that support legal investigation, business and government professionals.
Tax & Accounting provides integrated tax compliance and accounting information, software and services for professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government.
The group also operates Reuters, a provider of real-time news and information services.
In October 2016, Thomson Reuter disposed the Intellectual Property & Science division in order to focus more on opportunities at the intersection of global commerce and regulation. Intellectual Property & Science served governments, academia, publishers, corporations and law firms with intellectual property and scientific information, decision support tools and services.The division was reported as a discontinued operation through the closing date of the sale, and results for 2015 have been restated.
In 2016, 93% (the same in 2015) of corporate revenues were derived from information delivered electronically, software, and services, with the remaining 7% derived from print (which is primarily part of the Legal segment).
In June 2017 Thomson Reuters announced its partnership with the chat service Symphony Communication Services LLC to enable users to chat and share data seamlessly.
According to publishersweekly.com