The success of fashion brand Uniqlo is an example when the Japanese trade in fashion. The Japanese billionaire and founder of Uniqlo, Tadashi Yanai said: "Without a Soul, a Company is Nothing".
Uniqlo is a typical Japanese fashion brand: model, innovative and sustainable…with garments using new materials, good quality, and reasonable prices.
(WOWTIMES) Uniqlo’s achievements and history:
- In 1963, being from a family business that has existed since 1949, Mr. Tadashi Yanai founded Ogori Shoji Company in Yamaguchi.
- In 1984, the new Uniqlo brand was officially established.
- In 1988, the brand was originally named after the abbreviation of the phrase "Unique Clothing" as Uniclo, however, the confusion between "c" and "q" when registering the trademark in 1988 led to the name of Uniqlo today.
- In September 1991, Ogori Shoji was renamed to Fast Retailing Co.,Ltd.
- In April 1994, there were more than 100 Uniqlo stores operating throughout Japan.
- In July 1994, the company was officially listed on the Hiroshima Stock Exchange.
- On November 1, 2005, Uniqlo was separated from the parent company and independently listed shares on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- In 2002, Uniqlo opened a store. first in London and quickly opened 21 stores both in the city and in the suburbs.
- In 2005, Yani changed its strategy. The new strategy was to open major stores in major cities around the world. In November 2006, the relaunch of Uniqlo began with the opening of a flagship store in New York.
- In 2007, Yani considered Asia as Uniglo's key market. In 2007, the company had 26 stores across Asia.
- In April 2009, Yani also hired German designer Jil sander. Her role is designing a collection for Uniqlo and serving as creative consultant for the company.
- By theend of 2010, the number of stores had grown to 64 stores, including a flagship store for hangai. Yani's plan is to open 500 more stores over the next five years, mainly in China. Yani also aims to introduce Uniqlo stores in the rapidly growing Indian and Brazilian markets.
- In October 2015, Uniqlo opened its first store in the Midwest with a store in Chicago on Michigan Avenue.
- In October 2019, Uniqlo signed a lease for its first North American distribution center in Phillipsburg, NJ, and leased a space of more than 950,000 square feet.
- As of August 2021, there were 43 stores in the United States.